- Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Jamie and Nation Hahn
- Congresswoman Renee Ellmers Speaks at Western Wake GOP Club
- NC Packs 4 Patriots Helps Our Troops Overseas
- “That’s What Took Us From Surplus To Deficit” – Barack Obama 2012
- Apex Nativity Celebration Affirms Values of Community, Faith
- Carpe Diem!
“TROUBLE:” Obama’s Middle Name (or 11 Reasons to Reject the Chief)
Barack Obama should never have been elected President. His election in 2008 was the perfect storm of a destabilizing economy, Chicagoland politics, Bush hate, and America’s desire to make history by crowning the first black President. All this in a context of media malpractice, willing ignorance, and misinformation.
As a result, the nation is now saddled with the least experienced, least qualified, least competent, least vetted, and therefore least prepared Chief Executive perhaps ever to have occupied the Oval Office. He has created far more problems than he has solved and his supporters are now in the unenviable position of having to defend the indefensible.
President Obama’s abysmal record speaks for itself. After almost 48 months of his regime–2 years of which he was buttressed by control of the entire government–America is actually worse off than it was when he took office.
- Unemployment is now ostensibly at the same level as when Obama was inaugurated after TRILLIONS in deficit “stimulus” spending. Except it’s not. Real unemployment stands at about 14% and growth is SLOWING.
- Unemployment among blacks and younger Americans, those who were supposed to benefit disproportionally from Obama’s policies, stands at record highs. Where’s the beef?
- The Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare was wrangled and rustled to passage in the most shameless display of hardball partisan politics ever witnessed by the American public–this despite the bill’s continued unpopularity among voters. Even with some of the bill’s most popular provisions in place 52% of Americans still want it repealed. It has also proven to be a job killer.
- Gas prices have more than doubled since Obama’s election. Drilling permits on public lands are at 30-year lows, the job-creating Keystone Pipeline has been denied, and hundreds, if not thousands of jobs died when Obama spoke and the drills in the Gulf were stilled.
- Simultaneously, Obama’s corrupt and misguided public “investments” in alternative “green” energy have withered on the vine, costing taxpayers over 90 billion dollars.
- GM and Chrysler still languish after their $50 billion bailout. The federally mandated Volt has no juice whatsoever and since GM’s fundamentals are still bad with the Unions in charge, there’s no there, there.
- Obama promised to be above politics, a great uniter, post-racial, transparent. Even the rising seas would begin to fall. His administration, so far, has been the most divisive, partisan, and least transparent in modern times. And I don’t know about the seas, but the world’s supply of BS has done anything but fall since Obama took office. The manufactured wars on women, the middle class, and constant wolf-cries of “racism” are cases in point.
- The President’s flip-flop on traditional marriage won him the support of social liberals, but cost him the support of some socially conservative blacks, Hispanics, and others. Gays may feel more free, but the faithful feel far more oppressed.
- Despite his reluctant elimination of Osama bin Laden, Obama’s Middle East policy is a disaster. Though he imagined he had “burnished” America’s image abroad, it’s actually never been more tarnished. The Commander-In-Chief has spurned our allies while emboldening our enemies sending mixed signals that have fundamentally weakened our posture, prestige and positive influence around the world.
- The Obama Administration is riddled with scandal–you just don’t hear much about it. From ACORN to Solyndra; the passage of ACA to the fight with Arizona on Immigration enforcement; from the death of a border control agent and Mexican Nationals via Fast & Furious to the terrorist killings of a US Ambassador and his compatriots in Lybia; from the appointment of the card-carrying communist, Van Jones, to the deliberate refusal of the justice department to prosecute voter intimidation by the New Black Panthers and the coddling of big union bosses, Obama showers favor on his cronies and brings the weight of Federal force and intimidation down upon his foes with near reckless abandon.
- Energy, food, and commodity prices rise on the falling value of the dollar. After 3 episodes of “Quantitative Easing” designed to stimulate the economy, little stimulus has resulted. Though the stock market has been propped up, its fundamentals are weak and experts expect another corrective fall. Meanwhile, inflation, the cruelest tax on the middle class, robs Americans of their buying power even as household incomes tumble.
The bullets could continue to fly but you get my point. Obama appoints commissions then ignores their advice. He skips his security briefings, but makes his Tee-times. He’s absent on policy debates, but omnipresent with executive orders and regulatory Czars. He can’t produce a budget, but scoffs at those who do. He has no time for world leaders but has plenty for his pals on The View, Letterman, and a host of puffy talk shows. He blames everyone but the family dog for his failures but takes immediate and full credit for others’ achievements. He barks from the head, but leads from behind.
It’s understandable that Americans want him to succeed. He IS after all the first black President. As historically important as that is, he is also a man, a politician, and a partisan. He’s an ideologue who is out of sync with American ideals–even the ideals of many who support him. In only one sense is BO truly non-partisan: The misery he and his policies inflict affect all of us; regardless of race, religion, socioeconomic status or political persuasion.
Barack Hussein Obama is simply not up to the task. Inadequately prepared, insufficiently vetted, unwittingly supported and unwisely elected, however noble the intent, Obama is trouble. And America is in trouble with this unfortunately incompetent governor at the helm. It’s time to see him for who he isn’t and vote for the kind of honest change that could just help us turn the corner and restore America and her people to the place of leadership, strength, and greatness that is both the example and the envy of the world. That’s rational!
Bruce Ackerman is a Marketing Executive, Actor and Blogger at The Rational Conservative. He lives in Cary, North Carolina and is a member of Western Wake Republican Club.