- Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Jamie and Nation Hahn
- Congresswoman Renee Ellmers Speaks at Western Wake GOP Club
- NC Packs 4 Patriots Helps Our Troops Overseas
- “That’s What Took Us From Surplus To Deficit” – Barack Obama 2012
- Apex Nativity Celebration Affirms Values of Community, Faith
- Carpe Diem!
Hat trick pulled off in late night session
In a historic vote, the GOP led session voted to override all three vetos by Governor Purdue. It included overides of the state budget, natural gas exploration (using fracking) and limitations on the Racial Justice Act. If Representative Verla Insko’s (NC House District 56) lame argument in the video below is typical you can understand how the Republican leadership was able to muster a super-majority to override the Governor’s vetos.
Here are some addition reports on this historic vote.